I loved writing my August Goals post – having my aims out there in the world really motivated me to actually get them done. Here is a round up of how my August goals went, along with some new ones for September!
- Reach 600 followers on Twitter. I was so worried that I was being too ambitious with this one but amazingly I managed to reach over 900 followers! I know it’s not all about numbers, but since Twitter is the main platform I use to promote my blog it’s so fab to see my audience growing!
- Reach 100 followers on Instagram. I didn’t work much on this one at all because I’m finding instagram reeeeally hard at the moment. Somehow I still was able to reach my goal of 100 followers, which I’m super happy about!
- Get my own domain. I put this off, and off, and off because I was so scared of the move. Honestly, it seemed like a black hole of technology, spending money and making decisions that I just wasn’t sure I wanted to be involved in. I took the plunge just under a week ago and it actually wasn’t that bad, and I’m so glad that I made the move! If you’re thinking about going self-hosted, make sure you check out my post on how to do it!
- Set up a schedule + get organised. This was one that I completely failed at. In the midst of everything I was doing this month, this one just fell to the bottom of my to-do list!
- Reach 50 followers on bloglovin’. I managed to reach 66 followers on bloglovin’! I still have no clue how to actually use it, but that’s besides the point.
- Improve my blog traffic. I’d definitely say that did this! I worked really hard on trying to promote my blog posts and managed to get over 1,200 views this month. This might be a really small number to most people but I’m so so proud of it!
Reach 1,100 Twitter followers
I feel like the 1,000 mark on Twitter might be quite hard to break. I’ve currently got around 960, so I’m not too far off. Still, I’m keeping my goal for Twitter relatively low because I feel like it might be quite difficult!
Improve my instagram content
I’ve been staring at my Instagram follower count all month wondering how I can improve it. I realised that I was basically putting zero effort into my account, so this definitely needs to change. I want to improve the quality of pictures I’m posting, post more frequently, and comment on people’s photos more. I reckon if I put effort into doing all of this, gaining followers should follow. Although, with the state of Instagram’s algorithm at the moment, who knows!
Schedule my blog posts
I’ll be going to uni at the end of September, so from then on my life is going to get so much busier. I won’t have all day to sit around writing blog posts and posting them whenever. It’ll be so helpful if I’ve scheduled a few posts so I don’t stress about this on top of my uni work. I know that this goal is from last month, but I need to get this sorted!
Reach 100 bloglovin’ followers
I’m currently on 66 followers on bloglovin’, and would looove to grow my audience to 100. I find a lot of blogs through bloglovin’ so it’d be fab if I could share my content to others this way as well!
Figure out how to use Pinterest
Am I the only one that is bombarded with promoted blog posts telling me that “I can grow my blog traffic by 10 billion views using Pinterest”? I mean, I can definitely see how this works. I’ve always used Pinterest to find inspiration for things from room decor to hairstyles. I haven’t really worked out how I can get people to see my pins, especially when my follower count is currently a very modest 6!
Get 2,000 views on my blog
Not sure if this will be possible. In August I was able to get around 1,500 views on my blog, so getting 2,000 views seems to be the next step!
I hope you enjoyed reading through my September Goals. Make sure you leave a comment and tell me what your goals for September are!
Make sure you follow me on bloglovin!